Here’s my idea…
Let’s cook and eat together, mindfully.
I believe getting a group together to cook and eat mindfully and study the principles of intuitive eating could really transform lives!!!!
Here’s a quick 3-question survey where you can give me anonymous input and share your ideas.
Overall I am imagining something pretty basic to start out with …
1) Let’s meet at a church kitchen (or wherever else there is a kitchen)
2) Let’s prepare a simple, healthy snack that will keep you full and tastes delicious.
3) Then let’s mindfully eat whatever we prepare
4) After we eat, let’s study and practice a principle of Intuitive Eating
The point of this group would be to learn skills and create a safe group experience to talk about food.
- Food preparation, nutrition and meal preparation skills
- Mindful eating skills (including before, during and after eating)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy skills
- Safe Group Experience
- No shame around eating. Eat as much as you want. No judgment. Safe space.
- Discuss food obsessions, crazy cravings, binges, etc
I’ll keep your posted with more details as this event unfolds …