Are you wondering what the nitty-gritty of an eating disorder looks like?
Ever wonder if you have things bad or are different somehow?
Aimie, in this powerful interview I had with her on Youtube, shares her transformation story:
- from hating and fearful of foods to allowing herself to eat bagels
- from being horribly self-conscious and paranoid to taking a risk and now living in Ireland
- from underweight and malnourished to returning to natural set point
In this interview Aimie brings up these three ingredients of transformation that I love!
People, insights, and small steps.
- Aimie surrounded herself people: with a nutritionist, therapist and great friends who she told about her struggles with food
- Aimie started having insights by realizing her thoughts were lying to her! This was a powerful insight. For example, Aimee realized that her main motivation to exercise was to change her appearance … and this was causing her to hate her body!
- Aimie started taking small steps by embracing a mindset of ‘progress, not perfection’ and listening to her hunger and doing her best to respect it.
You can click here to watch the full episode… it has a ton in it.
Aimie goes into a lot of detail about her struggles … (so beware)
Take some notes. Get inspired.
Watch Aimie and I’s interview here.
Your Eating Coach,
PS – Aimie talks about her #1 sign of disordered eating, which is to her, a preoccupation with food. Like where you can’t stop thinking about food. What do you think? Agree or disagree? Reply to let me know your thoughts.